Today’s high technology hearing aids are constantly processing and adjusting to the wearer’s environment. All that work does take more battery drain than previous analog instruments. There are plenty of variables that will affect battery life including:
- amount of noise the hearing aid processes
- extremes in temperature or humidity
- an increase in gain and output after an adjustment at the audiologist
- activation of wireless features including Bluetooth settings
- changes in number of hours worn per day
If your hearing instruments suddenly seem to be needing battery changes more often then consider if anything has changed in your lifestyle or in the settings of the aids. If nothing comes to mind and the battery life is shorter and shorter then you may need to send your instruments in for repair.