Understanding the name and phone number of a caller is very difficult for hearing impaired people. My patients also say that it is very difficult to under- stand information left on their answering machines. If only people would speak more slow- ly!
Now there is a solution to that problem – an answering ma- chine that will play back in a slower speed. The ClearSounds ANS3000 Digital Amplified An- swering Machine with Slow Speech sells for around $60 and has the following features:
- 30dB adjustable amplification
- 3 selectable speed levels
- Big, easy to read buttons
- 30 minutes of recording time
- Remote access so a family mem- ber can call in and listen to those messages that you still can’t quite get.
You can order this device through a company called Hitec online at their website – www.hitec.com. Click on Clear- sounds Signature Line in the left column and you will see the ANS3000.